3/18 (Sat.) Elastic Habits/Meeting Internet Friends (Host:Gloria))

回覆文章
頭像
Gloria Lo
YOYO member
文章: 367
註冊時間: 週一 2月 04, 2008 7:51 am

3/18 (Sat.) Elastic Habits/Meeting Internet Friends (Host:Gloria))

文章 Gloria Lo »

3/18 Elastic Habits/Experiences of Meeting Internet friends (Host: Gloria)

Hi, there. This is Gloria. :lol: I seldom attended meetings for several months so hosting a meeting is quite challenging for me. Please excuse me if I can’t express myself clearly. :?
The following two topics are related to things happened to my friends and me, and they intrigued me. Hope you enjoy the meeting.

Session 1
Make Your Habits Stick Forever (elastic habits) (9:07)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8SehiX7Bjc

每天1下伏地挺身,竟養出10年健身習慣!給常半途而廢的你:做「簡單到爆」的事情就好養成好習慣的絕招:讓事情小到不會失敗
https://www.businessweekly.com.tw/careers/blog/24343

1. Do you have problems of developing new habits? Please talk about your experiences.
2. Let’s practice how to make habit elastic, such as cooking three meals, studying English, exercising…… (Remember to give your plan more variety and different difficulties: Easy, medium and hard. )
3. What is the possible mental mechanism behind making elastic habits?
4. For some people, it’s easy to form habits, while it’s so hard for others. What do you think is the core reason?
5.In addition to the elastic habits mentioned in the video clip, please share other tips on making habits.

Session 2
Students share their experiences meeting friends on the internet
https://www.bvswnews.com/features/2016/ ... e-internet

1.Have you or your friends made a new friend through social media or online gaming?
Please describe the experiences and do you see it as a positive or negative experience? Why?

2.“as long as a friendship is real and true, then it’s good, then it shouldn’t matter where you meet them.”
“We had this weird click, and it’s nothing different than my other friendships,”
“I look at all my friendships differently depending on the individual.”
“Sometimes there are dangers that exist on social media but that’s true for anything.”

Do you agree on these descriptions? How to make online friendship real and true? Or do you think there’s no need to do so.

3. Based on the second story in the article, do you think it easier to feel other people’s emotion online than in person? And please also talk about your experiences and idea about it.

4. How do you balance your real and virtual life? What are your tips on living successfully in virtual world? (for some is being sincere and honest, for many others might be a perfect online character...)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda:
3:45 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:20pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving $ Taking a Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:20 ~ 6:00pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 4:00pm – 6:30pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for two times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1500 lifetime membership fee, or NT$1000 for students.
最後由 Gloria Lo 於 週六 3月 18, 2023 2:37 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
頭像
Gloria Lo
YOYO member
文章: 367
註冊時間: 週一 2月 04, 2008 7:51 am

Re: 3/18 (Sat.) Elastic Habits/Meeting Internet Friends (Host:Gloria))

文章 Gloria Lo »

Bring it to top.
回覆文章