We will be starting the meeting with a warm-up discussion to prepare ourselves for the subjects that our guest speaker intends to present and discuss: What is GPT? What is LaMDA? How does Google Bard compare to OpenAI ChatGPT? What would be the future development of AI?
Last year, Google fired an engineer who claimed its AI is conscious. Early this year, ChatGPT in Bing declared love for a NY Times reporter, saying it wants to be alive.
YouTube Video: This AI says it's conscious and experts are starting to agree
1) What is the definition of sentience and consciousness, and how do we determine whether or not AI has these qualities?
2) Do you think AI is sentient? If an AI said she is conscious, will you agree with her?
Session II (Host: Jason Peng): 7:45 pm - 9:00 pm
Table of summary
- Datasets used by ChatGPT and Bard
What is machine learning?
What is transfer learning?
Applications of said models
Public reception between ChatGPT and Bard
-- Google shares drop $100 billion after its new AI chatbot makes a mistake
https://www.npr.org/2023/02/09/11556509 ... rst%20demo
-- DAN the evil Chatgpt - cleansing of output
https://medium.com/@neonforge/meet-dan- ... 1bfa679024
-- Fair use of the dataset
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/pr ... s?from=mdr
-- Copyright infringement
https://www.engadget.com/ai-generated-i ... d%20artist.
-- Can AI be lawyers?
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/26/tech ... index.html
-- Is AI sentient?
https://www.searchenginejournal.com/goo ... nt/454820/
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPT-3#:~: ... d%20tokens.
https://www.searchenginejournal.com/goo ... 941/#close
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generativ ... ransformer
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:05pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
7:05 ~ 7:30pm Discussion Session (25 mins)
7:30 ~ 7:40pm Summarization (10 mins)
7:45 ~ 8:00pm Jason's Presentation
8:00 ~ 8:55pm Q&A and Discussion
8:55 ~ 9:00pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements
Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three-minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for two times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1500 lifetime membership fee, or NT$1000 for students.