11/21(Tue)Presentation workshop, Practice makes perfect! (Rosie)

回覆文章
Rosie
YOYO member
文章: 79
註冊時間: 週四 1月 12, 2012 10:18 am

11/21(Tue)Presentation workshop, Practice makes perfect! (Rosie)

文章 Rosie »

Hi Everyone,

This is Rosie. It is my honor to host this meeting.

“Practice makes perfect”. Actually, nobody was born with good presentation skills.So let’s take the chance to practice during yoyo meeting to boost our presenting techniques.The agenda is different from the usual. It will be like workshop or small toastmaster.

Check out the link and find video (4”59)
https://www.coursera.org/articles/presentation-skills
Learn more about presentation skills from industry experts at SAP

Presentation skills are essential in this society to speak out your thoughts and get other people’s understanding. In many cases we have to present something such as working with a team and explaining your thought process, walking clients through project ideas and timelines, and highlighting your strengths and achievements to your manager during performance reviews.

Whatever the scenario, you have very little time to capture your audience’s attention and get your point across when presenting information about three seconds, according to research. Effective presentation skills help you get your point across and connect with the people you’re communicating with, which is why nearly every employer requires them.

Below are some tips we can follow to make things easier.
Understanding an audience
When you understand your audience's needs and interests, you can design your presentation around them. In turn, you'll deliver maximum value to them and enhance your ability to make your message easy to understand.

Storytelling
Incorporating storytelling into a presentation is an effective strategy used by many powerful public speakers. It has the power to bring your subject to life and pique the audience’s curiosity. Don’t be afraid to tell a personal story, slowly building up suspense or adding a dramatic moment. And, of course, be sure to end with a positive takeaway to drive your point home.

Stage presence
During a presentation, projecting confidence can help keep your audience engaged. Stage presence can help you connect with your audience and encourage them to want to watch you. To improve your presence, try amping up your normal demeanor by infusing it with a bit of enthusiasm. Project confidence and keep your information interesting. Watch your audience as you’re presenting. If you’re holding their attention, it likely means you’re connecting well with them.
--------------------------------
Session 1: Speech Session(7:10-7:40)
The volunteer Speaker can select one scenario from below list.
- Highlighting your strengths and achievements to your manager during performance review
- Making speeches at a wedding, conference, or another event
- Making a toast at a dinner or event
- Explaining projects to a team
- Delivering results and findings to management teams
- Teaching people specific methods or information
- Proposing a vote at community group meetings
- Pitching a new idea or business to potential partners or investors

1st Speakers to make speech : Rosie (10 minutes)
2nd Speakers to make speech : Miller (10 minutes)
3rd volunteer Speaker if any, welcome to tell me!

Session 2: Individual sharing (7:40~8:10)
For those members don't have any task, then can share anything or your own tips for a successful presentation.
What’s the most important point for a successful presentation when you are a listener?
What’s the most important point for a successful presentation when you are a speaker?

Session 3 : Evaluation Session(8:10~8:40)
Evaluator will give feedback. Evaluator is also practicing to be a good listener and organizing good feedback.
1st Evaluator: Kooper (10 minutes)
2nd Evaluator: Shirley (10 minutes)
3rd volunteer Evaluator if any, tell me!
* Evaluators not only share good parts, but also tell them the things for improvement.

Agenda:
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:10 ~ Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction
7:10 ~ 7:40pm (Session I) Speech Session (30 mins)
7:40 ~ 8:10pm (Session II) Individual Sharing (30 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:40pm (Session III) Evaluation Session (30 mins)
8:40 ~ 8:55pm Conclusion

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three-minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for two times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1500 lifetime membership fee, or NT$1000 for students.
最後由 Rosie 於 週三 11月 22, 2023 6:52 am 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 899
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: 11/21(Tue)Presentation workshop, Practice makes perfect! (Rosie)

文章 Iris Wu »

Delivering a successful presentation really boils down to getting your messages across, as simple as that.

First and foremost, if I’m the presenter, I need to take a long, hard look in the mirror and ask myself: What are my messages? What's my main point? If I'm 'shooting in the dark' or can't even convince myself of what I believe or think, making the presentation a hit will be a tall order.
Sure, unless you are a “seasoned politician”, you might be able to, and even enjoy, skating by with ambiguity. :)

I hate to miss this meeting, but again due to a previously arranged concert, I’ve spoken in great detail with our dear host about this subject prior to the meeting.

Hope to get an update on all the tips shared during the meeting.

--Iris
回覆文章